Welcome to My Portfolio of Work

Over the past 18 years I have had the opportunity to work on a variety of projects including residential and commercial design.

While working as a project architect I developed an interest in the architecture of the interiors and interior design.
I pursued a career that would allow architecture and interior design to work together.

Now I am managing an interiors department in an architecture firm located in Washington, D.C.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Turning Point

As a project architect, one of your responsibilities is to develop the construction drawings for a residence and assist the builder with any issues that may develop during the construction phase of the project.  I spent the earlier years of my career as a project architect who also detailed the architecture of the interiors.  I had the opportunity to develop the drawings for this residence designed by Mark Sullenberger, president of CDC, and also detail the interior millwork and built ins.  It was a ton of work, and after spending  time meeting with the client, developing the CDs, and also designing the architecture of the interiors I reallized that I had to focus my energy just on interior architecture. After all, it can take months to develop these drawings and months more to develop the interiors.


It was sort of a Turning Point in my career.  I set aside the large scale construction drawings and proceeded to expand the interiors department.  Although I often step back into the world of technical drawings and residential design, my main focus is interior architecture and design.

Here's to the Turning Point  and here are just a few samples of the project that led to the switch.
All photography by Apertures Inc.



Overlooking the golf course




The Main Entry


The fully paneled Library and custom desinged Mud Room

No comments:

Post a Comment