Welcome to My Portfolio of Work

Over the past 18 years I have had the opportunity to work on a variety of projects including residential and commercial design.

While working as a project architect I developed an interest in the architecture of the interiors and interior design.
I pursued a career that would allow architecture and interior design to work together.

Now I am managing an interiors department in an architecture firm located in Washington, D.C.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Magazines

It is often very helpful to share magazine images with clients in order to discuss styles that may appeal to them.  Unfortunately our magazine sources are slowly becoming obsolete.  Just a few of the magazines that have recently closed their doors are:

Southern Accents
Domino
Cottage Living
Western Interiors & Design has merged into Luxe Interiors + Design

and to my surprise....
Washington Spaces

I am a huge fan of Washington Spaces.  I read their magazine from cover to cover and read their blog weekly.  Plus, I often attend their events. It was so nice to have the opportunity to meet with other local designers and suppliers and join in on celebrations.

What is the future for Design Magazines?

Some of the former Domino employees have grouped together to create a new online magazine called
Lonny Magazine
Is this the wave of the future?  I enjoy the site, but find that I still enjoy browsing and physically holding a magazine.

The Washington Spaces Holiday Party and also 2009 Best of Kitchens Spaces celebration has been canceled.  I was looking forward to the event and also catching up with everyone.  These are just a few images of our winning entry.  To view more visit: Washington Spaces.

2009 Best of Kitchens, Oustanding








Credits:
Kitchen Design:  Amy Collins, Amy Collins, LLC
Builder:  Sandy Spring Builders
Photography:  Kenneth Wyner Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment